Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 1 Blog 2


Blog 2 response

I guess I’m showing my age, but I still prefer to buy music to copying it. I do feel that if I buy a CD, I should have the right to make a copy for my own use. Computers and IPods have made this a common practice. When I was in college, I could buy an LP for $2. Now CD’s will cost $14. I want to know who gets the majority of the money. The artist that created it, or the corporation that distributes it. This is the problem I have with the law. It does not differentiate between the two.

@Curt Isakson says: March 31, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Ok, Copyright issues are sticky and confusing and everyone has their side of the story, but we do need to be able create and make a living as well as use other media as inspiration. So the answer is to pay attention to the laws and understand them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment